Good news for anyone using AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon or the Canadian variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 or, the international (GT-i9505) version who is eager to try out the latest version of Android. Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat has been released for your device.
Gummy ROM is a custom ROM that has gained a lot of popularity in the past few days, it offers a near to stock Android experience with high levels of customization. By stock Android experience, we mean to say that the ROM doesn’t add any unneeded features, most of the features it introduces feel like they belong to stock Android.
Most (if not all) of the main functions of the device are fully functional, the camera, camcorder, WiFi, bluetooth, 4G LTE data,WiFi tethering, IR Blaster, all work perfectly. No users have reported any bugs in this ROM yet.
This is currently the best ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4, which has been upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat. So if you want to try out KitKat before it officially lands on your device, make sure to give this ROM a try.
How to Install the Gummy ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S4
AndroidOrigin doesn’t take any responsibility if any damage is done to your device, use this guide at your own risk and make sure to follow every step correctly.
Here are all the downloads for the different Samsung Galaxy S4 models (MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOWNLOADING THE RIGHT ONE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO YOUR DEVICE).
- Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4 AT&T SGH-i337
- Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4 T-Mobile SGH-M919
- Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4 Sprint SPH-L720
- Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4 Verizon SCH-i545
- Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4 GT-i9505
- Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4 Canadian
- Gummy ROM Android 4.4 Gapps (DO NOT USE PA 4.4 GAPPS, CAMERA WILL NOT WORK)
- Download Google Home APK (download and install using your File Manager after installing the ROM, to get Google Now working in launcher.)
You need to be using CWM 184.108.40.206 or higher to install any Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs.
Now to install this custom ROM simply follow these steps:
Reboot into Recovery Mode.
Create a backup of your current ROM.
Wipe data/Factory reset.
Install the ROM.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Gummy ROM with Android 4.4 KitKat. Make sure to let us know if you have any trouble with the installation in the comments below.