Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini users will no longer have to wait for the official Android 4.3 OTA update to release. A custom CynanogenMod 10.2 based ROM has finally been released for the S3 Mini users and here is how you can install it on your device.
This modified CyanogenMod ROM gives the user a much less bloated TouchWiz UI, support for Bluetooth Low Energy, Open GL ES 3.0, and virtual surround sound.
Other features include:
- YouTube high quality.
- Native tethering.
- Added camera functionality.
- Sleep Mode for the CPU.
- Offline charging.
- Support for SD card expansion up to 64GB.
- FIxed 1GHz issue.
- Better sensors functionality.
- 2D and 3D hardware acceleration.
This custom ROM is only available for the Galaxy S3 Mini versions i-8910, i-8190N and i-8190L. Make sure you are using the correct device before even trying to install. You will also need to already be rooted and have a custom recovery like ClockworkMod already installed on your phone.
Please note that we at AndroidOrigin don’t take any responsibility for damage done to your device, be sure to follow every step correctly to avoid any issues with the installation.
Now on to the flashing instructions:
- Create a backup of your current ROM and check if you have at least 80% battery.
- Enable USB debugging on your device (Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging).
- Download the USB drivers to your computer via Kies PC Suite.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.2 and the Gapps package to your computer.
- Move both zipped files to your device’s SD card.
- Unplug your device and turn it off.
- Reboot into recovery mode (Press and hold the Volume up, Home, and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen).
- Do a full wipe of your device (select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’. then go to advanced>wipe Dalvik cache).
- Select ‘install zip from SD card and select the CM 10.2 file and install it.
- Install the Gapps package.
- Reboot system. (It might take up to 5 minutes, be patient).
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S3 Mini is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.2 and TouchWiz.
If you have any doubts please leave us a comment and we’ll try to answer it.