The first firmware of the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was leaked online a few days ago. The ROM isn’t likely to thrill a lot of users as it is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and not Android N. On the other hand, what it does offer is pretty impressive in its own right — the new Grace UX experience.
It has often been seen that within few days of the ROM surfacing online, a number of ports and Custom ROMs also emerge. The firmware of the new Galaxy Note 7 has been used to create a number of custom ROMs for Samsung’s former flagship, the Galaxy S5. Today, we will guide you through the process of downloading and installing one such Note 7 ROM — the Pure Note 7, created by “malbert16442”.
The ROM is not too buggy, and supports all Snapdragon models of the Galaxy S5. These include SM-G900F, SM-G900K, SM-G900M and SM-G900W8. However, model G900L isn’t supported.
The ROM is deodexed. Further, all the apps have been converted to 32bit and the ROM offers a pure Grace UX experience. If you are looking for a Galaxy Note 7 like experience on your generations old Galaxy S5, you should definitely check out this ROM!
Downloading and installing Pure Note 7 on your Galaxy S5
As mentioned previously, this ROM supports every variant of Galaxy S5, minus the G900L. The steps you should follow in order to download and install the ROM on your Galaxy S5 are as follows:
- Download the Pure Note 7 ROM. Download link: Pure Note 7 ROM for Galaxy S5
- Download the ROM on your PC and then transfer it to your phone’s on-board storage. The ROM itself is big, at 1.2GB. Make sure you have the latest iteration of TWRP on your phone before flashing this ROM.
- After transferring the ROM to your phone’s internal memory, turn off your phone.
- Press the volume up, home and power key at the same time to boot into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery, make a full Nandroid backup in case things go haywire.
- The next step is wiping the cache, Dalvik cache and all the data on the device.
- Next, install the Pure Note 7 ROM from the recovery itself.
- Once the installation process is complete, restart your phone!
Voila, you just ported all the Galaxy Note 7 functionalities to you Galaxy S5!